Wednesday, September 6

Peacock-Palawan Progress


Lace is soooo hard to photograph. Let's face it. The beauty of lace is similar to that of a butterfly's life. At the beginning it looks lumpy, blobby, and ordinary on the needles. Then, after some stretching it transforms into a thing of grace and beauty, like a butterfly from it's cocoon.

I've knit past the peacock's small tail feathers and am now to the section of feathery V's and "eyes". However, I am still less than half done. Fortunately, this is a slow work week and I should be able to continue a good pace of knitting. Another couple of weeks like this and I should be close to done. I can't wait to see if it turns out like I've imagined. Can you?

Also, I was choosen to be part of Eve's first Yarnival. I feel really honored because there are a lot of well written posts. She is accepting submissions for the second edition.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you don't mess about and it looks just like peacocks' tails too!! Thank you again for the lovely present!!! They have been fondled and admired by me, The Labradors and the Knitting Coven as well!!!
Oh, I have no idea what Yarnival is yet, but congratulations!!!!!!

9/06/2006 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous already!

9/06/2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger metal and knit said...

Looking good

9/07/2006 7:41 AM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

It looks WONDERFUL!

9/07/2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Beautiful already! :)

(I'm glad I found your blog thru yarnival!) :)

9/07/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

wow - i am very impressed by your lace skills! i am looking forward to the final color swap. i just love red and pink!

9/07/2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger StudioBlue said...

Congratulations on Yarnival -- and the lace, it looks amazing, very impressive.

9/07/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Wow is a good word - it looks like it will have a beautiful sculpture quality. So exciting to watch it develop! (I get scary images of peacock size coccoons though ;)

Congrats on Yarnival, how cool is that! :)

9/10/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger knitabulous said...

That is looking so gorgeous!

9/14/2006 6:56 AM  
Blogger Mitz said...

I found your first testknitting and now I have to follow up. This looks so interesting, are you making a pattern to sell?

10/30/2006 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home