Sunday, August 27

Decision Made

Last we met, I was in a quandary. Deciding between toe-up or toe-down, beads or no beads, green or blue. It was too much for me to handle and I called for a vote. Thankfully, you helped me out.

The count started out fairly even, but eventually Baudelaire pulled slightly ahead. The final total was six for Baudelaire, four for Reptilian Lace, and three undecided including myself. I swatched to ensure I had the right needle for the pattern. (Marji, I can hear you snickering!) I casted on. I fell in love.


The two needle process, the lace, I am in love with these socks. A quick reference from the book gifted by my SP8, Socks Soar on Two Circular needles, and I was on my way. Why have I been torturing myself with double point needles all this time? Seriously, this two circular method is soooo much quicker.

The lace is absolutely gorgeous. Bonus, it is also very easy to memorize. I had it figured out by the second row. I am almost to the gusset and I only started yesterday afternoon. I think there might be a bit of caffeine or some other addictive substance in these socks. I cannot put them down for very long.

All in all, a good decision made. . . sort of.


I am waiting for my size zero circulars to arrive.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Looks like a good decision to me! They're beautiful so far.

8/27/2006 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking nice!

8/27/2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

You have great taste! You have also inspired me to another pair of socks lol! The baudelaire lace and toe up - perfect!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your design progress for the palwan shawl, it is starting out very nice!

8/27/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

funny funny funny! looks to me like the decision was to do Both. that lace is so pretty on the blue you've got started.

8/28/2006 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home