Saturday, August 5

Never Say Never

"I never knit a swatch!" If I was starting gloves, hats, or a scarf - I reasoned that the item was so small that the start of it would in and of itself constitute a swatch. If I was starting a sweater, well than I'd start the sleeve. Again, same thought process.

Fate is ugly business. You should really think long and hard before you tempt her. She is sneaky and she is patient. very. very. patient. She waits until you have been lulled into thinking you have been forgotten by her. Then she whacks you up side the head.

This year, I have generated more swatches than any knitter should have to create in a life time. Starting with my four month lace class that netted an average of four to five swatches a month. There is the swatching for my peacock shawl. That adds another twelve swatches to the count and I'm not done. Finally, to ensure that interest has been paid on the bill of unknit swatches, my Stitches homework requires another eight swatches.


There are barely five days left before Stitches. (Sorry Marji, KnitBrit, and Patty - I should have warned you to sit down first.) I have two swatches left to complete. One of them is a fair isle. I used to say "I never knit fair isle."

Fate apparently thinks she's funny.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of yourself as the 007 of knitting : James Bond, Licensed to Swatch!!!

8/05/2006 11:24 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

you're done already? I bet you got your homework done for class before the due date too.

8/06/2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Swatches really aren't that bad - they are actually kind of good for waiting in line knitting.

8/06/2006 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home