Saturday, July 15

Untitled

I really tried to think of a title for this post. Nothing. Not a single cliche or kitchy phrase. Probably due to the fact that all week it has been hot, humid, and/or rainy. Also, my husband left for fish camp earlier this week. Therfore I have been suffering from a case of the blahs. There has been knitting and almost an equal amount of unknitting. The mystery stole was kicking my butt earlier this week. I think I have finally shown it who is in charge around here. I am now 2/3's of the way through clue #1. Or it has taken pity on me and is letting me think I've won. Either way...

I also did a little shopping for my upcoming trip to Stitches Midwest. I needed some beads, sock yarn, and a spindle. Ok, I needed some beads and a spindle. The yarn was a bonus. Since I have already tried my hand at the first step of yarn making, I thought I'd give spinning a try. I don't know if the lesson will start a new hobby, but I thought it would be nice to give in to my curiosity.

While I am excited about learning to use a spindle, I must admit the beads have pleased me most. I was unsure if I would find beads that worked with the red and the blue spots of color in the Lorna's Laces. What do you know, reddish blue beads!

Did I mention it was hot?

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Girl said...

First steps are sometimes hard.

7/16/2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oooooohhhh Stitches Midwest! Last year I went for 3 days- unfortunately that's not in the budget for me this year. I'd love to squeeze in a shorter trip for shopping though- Chicago's not that far. Have fun!!

7/16/2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Okay - tell me more about his mystery stole pattern you're working on...

What classes are you taking at Stitches? I'm really looking forward to it and haven't started my swatches yet, so I need to get going - I didn't have any homework last year and have tons this year. I really don't mind though as I'm looking forward to my classes.

The beads look lovely, by the way. Great choice.

7/16/2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

hot doesn't begin to describe this weather.
love the beads and the lornas laces yarn

7/17/2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

That lace looks quite intriguing!

I hope you like your exploration of spinning but watch out for those ladies at Heritage, they'll have you hooked in no time :) They're my favorite LYS.

7/23/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home