Saturday, June 24

Pssst....

... Hey, you! Yeah, you the chick with the pointy things. Over here. No, here. Rumor has it that you are going to be stuck in a moving vehicle for four hours. Need something to knit? Come on, you know you do. That silly peacock thing can't be knit while moving. You have to do math. Math and maps never mix. Hey, don't leave. Didn't mean to be rude to the bird. My apologies. Seriously, I've got the thing you need. I'm sticky so accidental dropped stitches aren't going to happen and I'll be easy to memorize. After four hours, you should be almost done!

Moral of the story: Never listen to the stash. It'll get you every time. This is the result of my road trip on Thursday. Have you tried counting stitches for your cast on in a moving car with mohair? 145 stitches took an hour. Rowan Kidsilk Haze is sticky all right - to itself, not the needles. First row, took an hour since I had to keep a tight grip on the needle, the cast on row, and the yarn I was throwing around. The pattern, Fuzzy Lace Camisole from Weekend Knitting, is easy to memorize - not so easy to execute when moving. You can see the progress made in hours three and four.

Yup, never listen to the stash. It'll show you for the sucker that you are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute monologue. You'll have to let me know how it turns out. I've tabbed it in the book, but haven't actually bought yarn and begun the pattern.

6/24/2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home