Sunday, June 4

A Day With Mom

Yesterday's post was brought to you by my mother. Or rather my mother's curiosity. She had come to visit for the weekend and one of the stores we visited during our shopping adventure was a lovely tea store in Birmingham. The store offered a variety of flavored teas. In a few of the jars were little balls of . . . well. . . something. Mom pointed these out and looked a bit dubious at my explanation. They were blooming or flowering teas. Add hot water, get tea with a flower. I could tell she had her doubts, so I insisted that we splurge a little and buy a few to try. The pictures I took, don't begin to do them justice. They are really beautiful to watch as the bloom opens in the hot water.

The whole purpose of my mother's visit was to visit a LSS. My mother makes wonderful cards with her stamp crafting. She is one of the most creative people I know.

Since, she had never been to Royal Oak before we made a day of it. I, of course, had to stop at the LYS. Sorry, there is no website for them. I had never been there before but I will most certainly be back. They had a very nice selection of yarns. I picked up something for my SP and my color swap person. Thus there will be no pictures. Just picture yummy, squishy, and soft yarn.

The biggest adventure of the day was timing our visits in and out of stores to avoid the heavy rain showers. The rain never lasted long, but when it rained it poured!!

After our passion hobby indulgences, we stopped for lunch and then a bakery. Raspberry tart for her and chocolate covered fudge brownie for moi. We both agreed that a nap was in order and the only cure was more shopping. So we headed to Birmingham.

There we visited a few more shops including the aforementioned tea shop. All in all, it was a wonderful day spent with a wonderful woman. In my youth, I did not realize what a great mom I was blessed to have. I am older and hopefully a little more wiser now. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Jae!

6/04/2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

An afternoon shopping in Birmingham sounds nice...I'll have to do that soon. They're heavy on the yarn stores over there!

6/04/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great day! One to cherish!

6/04/2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

Sounds like a great day!!!

6/04/2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

I agree - when I was 15 I would never have believed anyone who said that when I was in my 30s I would enjoy the company of my mum so much! I'm glad you do too. My mum is a great comanion, a wonderful help with the kids and a constant crafting inspriration. Sounds like yours is too. Hooray for mums!!! :-)

6/05/2006 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day!! I love the tea - how wonderful!!! It is nice to appreciate the people you love while they are around!!!

6/05/2006 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh - I am in the comment line behind Sharon and Cindy....but I loved the tea thingeys.

6/05/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

sounds like a perfectly lovely day.
Thanks for the explanation on the tea pics ;)
Has your lace partner made any sort of hint at her whereabouts?

6/06/2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home