Wednesday, May 31

If Found, Please Return to Owner

The first challenge of the Amazing Lace is to provide an introduction of yourself and your team member. Sounds easy enough. Yeah, right! Me? I am present and accounted for. Ready to intro myself away. However, my teammate, a shawl of my own design, is on holiday, trekking through Nepal, or on a mission to save alpacas worldwide. Your guess is as good as mine. Personally, I am betting on the alpacas.

Not only is my teammate nowhere to be found, she has left quite a mess. Several swatches, books, and graph paper litter my dining room table. I also notice that at least two bottles of wine have gone missing.



We first met many months ago at my LYS. It was during one of my lace classes. I am hoping to find her there, waiting for me, at my next lesson.

In the event that a search party is required, I am listing a few key traits that will help with identification of my partner.

1) She is round. Very, very round. She and I share a fondness for lace knitted in circles. This keeps that nasty purling to a minimum.

2) My teammate is a third cousin of the Peacock Feathers Shawl. This shawl is the inspiration that keeps us going when the weaker minded would quit.

3) She may also be related to the Spanish Merino. Genetics testing is still underway. It is possible that an Alpaca or a Silkworm may also claim paternity.

4) My partner sports our team colors inspired by the Palawan Pheasant at all times.


If you see my teammate in the mountains of Nepal in your part of the world, will you kindly tell her the race has started and she's wanted at home.

3 Comments:

Blogger the stripey tiger said...

eeek - I better get on with it- you're further along than me and you know how to do lace PROPERLY!! eeek...

I love your trout post BTW.

AND it is finally winter here at last and I loaned your ISE scarf to my mum when she visited last week and she kept going on and on about how lovely it was! She's right of course...but I wouldn't let her take it home.
;-) stripey

6/01/2006 3:06 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

The pheasant colors are great Jae!

6/01/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger knitabulous said...

I likey your introduction to the Amazing Lace too.
The pheasant reminds me of the hilarious Monty Python song about a pheasant plucker - now I'll be singing it all day.
;-)

6/04/2006 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home