Sunday, May 7

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

I had so much fun with my first Secret Pal exchange, I'm trying it again.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like Merino wool and alpaca (who doesn't like alpaca?). Rowan Cashsoft is nice and so is Koigu. I'm not a fan of stiff yarns or squeaky yarns like acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have several quilted rolls that store my DPN, circulars and straights. My mother made them and a knitting tote to match.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? 7+ years I've been knitting. I am an intermediate knitter on most days. Though my lace class can make me feel real beginnerish. :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon wish list and a knitpicks wish list, but I don't know how to link to them.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Earthy scents like vanilla, coffee, and hazelnut. Or light fruity scents like pear, apple, and cucumber.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Dark chocolate, raspberry, and raspberry with dark chocolate. Oh, and cheesecake. Real cheesecake - the kind that after 2 bites you are stuffed full. Not that I am expecting a cheesecake, just saying that cheesecake is good eats!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? You mean there is something other than knitting? I know how to sew, but do so mainly for functional reasons not enjoyment. I know how to crochet, but use it mostly for finishing knitting projects. I don't know how to spin, but I own a drop spindle. Eventually, I am going to sign up for a class to learn how to use it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Everything but rap and elevator music. I listen to country usually, but if I want background music without distraction I like to listen to techno.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues, greens, dark reds - autumn and winter colors. I usually don't choose pastels. I really don't like bright neon colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married to a fisherman and live with 2 cats, Cleopatra and Caesar.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all but the mittens. I'm more of a glove person.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, scarves, and sweaters are the usual projects of choice. I try to avoid afghans because I get bored with them about a third of the way in and then it takes two three years to finish them.

13. What are you knitting right now? Trout colored socks for my husband.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course, who doesn't?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles. My wrists don't tire as quickly. I like needles that have a quick surface, usually aluminum. Although, I've found a few bamboo needles that work nicely too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both. I was so happy when I no longer had to wind by hand.

17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself from books. Though, I have taken classes to improve my techniques. Currently I am taking a lace class that is teaching me how to design my own lace pattern.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? Oh my oldest UFO that still has a chance of becoming an FO, is 4+ years old. Now that I've written that I feel very bad about it. Maybe I'll go dig it out and work on it today.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Halloween for the make-believe. Thanksgiving for the Turkey and greenbean casserole. Christmas for the giving.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, stitchmarkers, more stitchmarkers, more yarn, and more stitchmarkers. The yarn is probably obvious, but I have a real obsession for stitchmarkers.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I am absolutely in love with Fiddlesticks Peacock Feathers shawl. Whenever I come across one in blogland, I could sit and stare at it for hours. I currently have a subscription to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? The Cat Bordhi moebius technique. I have seen some projects that use that technique that I really want to try.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love sock knitting, though I've only started this year. My foot is a 6.5 medium US.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) July 30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home