Saturday, April 15

The End

I finished the book in one day. I cried.

I love when a book has absorbed me so deeply that it cannot possibly end without my wanting more from it. I can't get it out of my head. I am wondering, if they could have changed things, would it have been better or worse for Henry and Clare. I wish that I had been given more of Clare's life after 35. I want to know what happened to their daughter Alba. I want to know when Clare is 82 if she thought it was worth it.

I'm being deliberately vague to avoid spoilers for those who haven't read it. Those who have, did the book leave the same impression with you?

Knitting has recommenced for today. Pictures later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - great book - had the same effect on me.....:)

4/16/2006 1:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That puts how I felt about the book so perfectly! Such a good book, so hard to talk about with another person unless they have read it too!

4/18/2006 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home