Friday, April 14

A Page Turner

My employer declared today a holiday and gave me the day off. Nothing personal, they told everyone to stay home. I have taken advantage of the long weekend by catching up on some “me time”. I slept in until a little past 8 am. I’m normally up between 4 and 5 am. I made some tea. The flavor is English Breakfast. Between you and me, if the English make breakfast as sweet as this tea smells, I’m moving immediately and declaring myself a British subject. For the remaining hours of my day, I have knit a little and read a lot - The Time Traveler’s Wife. I meant to read for a half hour or so. Three hours later I realized I should probably eat breakfast. Or by now, lunch.

It is an absolutely enthralling book. It has been a very long time that I have started a book that I could not put down. I intended to knit up a whole sock if my hands were up to it, but without success. As clearly shown by it’s meager size. The premise of the book is a unique mind twister. I am anxious to know the fate of Henry and Clare. Instead of fighting it, I have given in. The sock will wait. I am on page 310 with only 230 to go. I’ll let you know how it ends tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the best way with that book - if you try and figure it out it does your head in....enjoy the ending. Oh - and - WTF! 4 or 5am? Girl - that is WAY too early....:)

4/14/2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

I love to get entralled in a book -wonderful way to spend a day.

I'm glad you had a good day off :)

Have a good Easter.

Mylerna

4/15/2006 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home