Wednesday, March 29

The Look

Blogger is being stupid! Either that or it has developed allergies to uploading photos.

I wanted to show the progress I have made on the Aran Tweed. One because Marji asked so nicely, and two because that is why you are here. I am not so silly as to think that you are attracted to my great use of punctuation. Here is where I hope that the mom half of my mother is reading and not the english teacher half.

I was able to knit most of the way to and from Bristol because Hubby drove the whole time. I had to stop every so often because I was cabling without a needle and my left hand would start to cramp. Lest you think that the weekend was uneventful, there is more to the story. See, my husband loves my knitting. . . in private. Public knitting is - gasp - embarrassing.

When attending a Nascar event, most of the day is spent waiting for the cars to start going round and the rest is spent watching the cars go round. As I packed the knitting to go to the track with me, I got the look. You know, the look that says no - way - you - are - taking - your - yarn - in - public - because - then - I - have - to - dig - a - hole - and - lay - down - to - die - an - embarrassing - death look from my husband. I responded in kind. I gave him the no - way - you - are - denying - me - several - valuable - hours - of - useful - knitting - time - because - you - don't - want - to - be - seen - next - to - a - ball - of - wool look. I almost never win in these staring matches. I think this time it occurred to him that I would be more cranky than it was worth if my hands were left idle that long. So I won and I got to knit in public. Given the incredibly cold day, there was one person who asked if I could knit faster and could I make mittens instead of my sweater.

If blogger was working here would be my Aran Sweater - still cabled, tweedy, and red. It would measure about 15 inches long. It would be closer to 20 inches if I hadn't had to rip back one cable twist to fix a backwards cable.


There would also be pictures of my Ogee Lace swatch along with week 3's homework - grapevine lace.


Maybe tomorrow if Blogger wants to play nice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

We love your punctuation. Oops should that have been an exclamation point? LOL

3/29/2006 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using my imagination for the aran...(which is pretty darn good since you said it was red and I KNOW red). I confess, I do look for the photos. Just call me the comic book reader of bloglandia.

3/31/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

I'm so glad blogger started playing nice again and uploaded your pics.
Gorgeous! Your lace is inspiring.
So, do you know who your SP7 spoiler was? I think I know, but I want to know if I'm right.

4/02/2006 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is my first time to your Blog and I gotta come back just to see that Red Aran finished. It is lovely. I looked thru past posts for the pattern and could not find it. Would you share? I am presently working on my first cable project. It's a handbag. . .yipes! Do they still use that word? Turns out I really like doing cables.

4/06/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Jae said...

Arisha,
The pattern is from the Winter Interweave Knits 2005/2006. It is the Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Sweater. It has been a fun knit so far.

Thanks for commenting.
:)
Jae

4/08/2006 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lace is gorgeous!

4/11/2006 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home