Friday, March 10

Dash of This, Pinch of That

This has been a crazy week at work. Which means I have accomplished almost no knitting. I did however manage at least one home cooked meal using the guess and taste method.

Veal Scallopini with Lemon Caper Sauce

1/2 lb veal scallopini
1 egg
Enough breadcrumbs to coat veal mixed with a palmful of lemon pepper spice
Coat veal with egg and then breadcrumb-spice mix.
Enough olive oil to keep veal from sticking to frying pan on medium-high heat.
Brown veal 2-3 minutes on both sides and remove from pan.
About 1 cup of chicken broth to deglaze pan. (I know this because that was how much was in the can)
Enough dry white wine to add some sweetness
Juice from 1/2 a lemon give or take
Enough capers to add the right amount of salt to offset the lemon.
Enough water and corn starch to thicken the whole thing up.

Serve sauce over veal.

I'm sure somewhere there is a recipe that would have clued me in to all the amounts required, but seriously, where is the fun in that? Besides, we have pizza delivery on speed dial incase my concoctions are less than edible. I also firmly rely on the belief that any slapped together at the last minute recipe involving wine in the sauce cannot taste bad.

I have a schedule free weekend and I plan to put it to good knitting use. Maybe with a good book and a bottle of wine added for good measure. Soon I hope to have something knitworthy to say.

Until then have a good weekend and eat well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home