Wednesday, February 22

It Has Been...

...THAT Kind of Day.

Let's see, first thing - I woke up late. Usually no big deal, but today I had committed to meeting a co-worker at 6:30 am to get a head start on the project we were working on. To make up time, I drove like I was Jimmie Johnson at the Daytona 500.

Second, I had to travel to the plant in Toledo, Ohio. On the way back, stopped for gas and a kind soul pointed out that radiator fluid was puddling under my car. Puddling was his phrase. I would have said, "Oh my God! Your car is gushing fluid all over the ground!" Fortunately, a dealership was located within a few miles. It was almost closing time, but I think the sheer desperation in my voice convinced them to help anyway.

Third, I agreed to meet my friend, Tina, at a local SnB meeting. We had been wanting to find a group and Kirsti had kindly told us where they meet. Of course, I didn't have the information with me and I must have remembered wrong. No one else was knitting at the local coffee shop. At this point, I didn't care and Tina was smart enough not to argue. We settled in and knit anyway.

Somehow throughout today I managed to keep my sense of humor. Perspective is very important if you are going to have a day that threatens meltdowns of hormonal proportions. How I maintained mine is still a mystery.

On the upside of the day, as I was driving home, my hubby called to ask if I knew who ISE was and why would they be mailing a box to me. My ISE scarf had arrived! I can't begin to do it justice after the long day so I will post wonderful photos tomorrow. However, I Love Love Love It! It also came with 5 pink and green stitch markers, a cheery sunflower note pad, and wonderful note from its maker.

Peggy - Thank you so very much! The scarf is absolutely lovely in it's own right, but to be the thing that balances out the other stuff of today makes it even more so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Oh YAY!! That was fast! Sorry to hear about your truly crappy day but glad you like the scarf. ;)

I didn't put any care instructions in (I don't think) but it's 100% merino so you may want to be pretty gentle with it if you ever wash it.

2/23/2006 2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your day! Here's wishing you a day of happiness :)

Your Pal

2/23/2006 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home