Wednesday, February 8

An Engineer's Dream

I've been a knitting fiend the past few days. Alas, it's been nothing but swatches for my lace class tomorrow. Very boring swatches. I did start my Silkroad Aran Sweater a few weekends ago. It's finally a length that is worth posting.

Click for a close up.

I interrupt this blog post to bring you the following surprise! Seriously, the doorbell rang as I was uploading the Silkroad photos.


I knew it wasn't my ISE scarf. My scarf pal has been emailing me with constant updates - incredibly thoughtful of her! So I knew that wasn't being mailed until next week. One glance at the return address told me it was my SP7 pal. Yee Haw!

Inside was a lovely valentine card and well, to a geeky engineer like me - the coolest knitting tool/puzzle/marvel I've ever seen. You would think in my years of knitting I'd have come across interchangeable needles.
Look at all the fun I've not been having!



I can make circular needles that match.



Or circular needles that don't.


Or straight flexible needles. Great for the days when my arthritis kicks in. Yes, I know I'm too young - blame it on my mother.

Or if I use a second disc instead of needles, I get stitch holders.
No pictures of that option, too busy mixing and matching needles.

So. Very. Cool! Thank you so much Secret Pal! She knew I was stressing about having the right size needles for my lace class. This is definitely the thing. Plus, it fits neatly in my small tote that I take everywhere. Now, I will always be prepared.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it :)

2/08/2006 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my Denise interchangables, but I've never seen a set like that. I like how bright and colorful the needles are!

2/08/2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

how cool is that?
what are those needles?
and what cable sweater are you making? Did I miss a post or two while I've been galavanting where you said what the pattern is?
glad your lace class is on. more questions: what lace book are you having to read from?
Hi, BTW, M

2/08/2006 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home