Saturday, February 18

Sunny Day

Sunny MI SkyThe weekend is turning out beautiful. The sun is shining - a rare moment in Michigan. It is still bitter cold, so I haven't ventured outside except for a few errands. I have opened all the curtains wide so the whole house is filled with sunshine. Michigan can go for weeks without sun in the winter. I don't realize how much it is missed until it peeks out from the clouds.

With hubby up north standing in a freezing river risking frostbite to his fingers salmon fishing, I've planned a knitting DVD fest for myself. I've made great progress on the second BYOB sock. However, I think the sunshine has created some nervous energy because I can't seem to stay focused on one thing. As a result, I've also reorganized my stash, knitted on my Shedir hat, washed the car, knitted on my Aran Tweed sweater, and planned a new project with a rediscovered yarn from the stash. (Washing my car wasn't a highlight of my day but dreadfully needed with all the salt that is used on the metro area roads.)

ElenaSince I don't keep my stash in plastic bins or bags, I try to move it around every 2 or 3 months. This reduces my worry that moths or other destructive critters have made my stash their home. Buried in the back was some Filatura Di Crosa's Elena. I originally bought it for this, but ultimately decided that the style wasn't right for me. Thus, it has patiently waited for a new purpose. Sunshine inspiration struck and I'm thinking a cabled halter for summer might be the ticket. Although, I've told myself that I need to finish the BYOB sock before I can swatch. My stash reorg has also emphasized that I have enough projects on needles without one more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

oh Jae, that corset pullover, I've seen it lately on another blog - can't even begin to remember whose - but it was so cute. It had been on my ??? list for awhile, and I would always get caught out looking at it when I went through magazines. Then when I saw it on her, (I remembered, see Jan 5 entry http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/)and she is a rather busty girl, I'm really tempted to make it.

glad you're seeing some sun. Cracks me up that your dh is fishing - Platte River maybe?

2/19/2006 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home