Wednesday, February 15

Knitting-1 Fishing-0

I'd like to introduce my next sock. Sock, meet my blog readers. Dear readers, this is Louet's Gem Opal in Handpainted Trout colors. This finely wound skein of Rainbow trout colored yarn is destined to be my husband's pair of socks. I've chosen a pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks and am ready to cast on. Secret Pal, my husband thanks you!

I'll come right out and tell you, my husband is passionate for all things fly fishing as I am for all things wool. He's been moping about this yarn ever since I informed him that yarn could be dyed the color of a fish. The moping escalated when he finally saw the yarn and decreed that it was indeed a good match to a Rainbow trout.

He has asked me several times to go fishing with him in the middle of nowhere. However, my idea of a fun weekend and his are not the same. I don't know about you, but I require box springs in my bed, my bathroom plumbing to be indoors, and more than one temperature choice for the water in my faucet. He could live in a shallow fox hole and be happy if there is a fishing pole attached.

I agreed to meet him halfway in his request to go fishing. He could go fish and I'd stay home to knit fish colored socks. The fact that he agreed this was halfway just goes to prove that the one with The Needles and Wool will win every time. :)

Lest you think I've succumbed to single sock syndrome I've already casted on for the mate of the BYOB socks. Mom won't get to her mail until late tonight. Though, I should be able to post pics tomorrow of the scarf and sock.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

That is such a gorgeous colourway. I can't wait to seem them as they progress!

2/15/2006 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home