Thursday, February 23

It Was Destiny

A few weeks ago while surfing through the ISE blog, Mom called. I went on and on about this one scarf. It was blue. It was Malabrigo. It was multi-directional. I wanted it. I told Mom I would love my scarf no matter which one it turned out to be, but I secretly hoped it would be the one I had my eye on.

Then Peggy posted that she had sent the scarf on it's way to a new home. And I waited, and waited, and waited. I think it was all of four or five days but it seemed like forever. I had begun to resign myself that I would have to hunt down and stalk it's new owner it wasn't meant to be.

Sometimes, life is kind.


It arrived yesterday with some beautiful stitch markers - pale pink & green and a cute notepad. Honestly, I can never have enough stitch markers. The scarf is so soft and squishy. It's like a warm hug! Depending on the light it looks to be variegated denim blues or teal. Peggy, you did an awesome job! Thank you so very much!

4 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

And you look beautiful in it! I'm SO happy that you're happy. I had many, many false starts before I settled on this yarn and pattern (and the yarn was originally intended as a bit of a peace offering for me being so tardy with the knitting) and even then I still had a few struggles. But I love it too. It is so soft and squishy and that's why I didn't block it - I didn't want to lose any of that smooshiness.

May it keep you warm (as you stand outside in your short sleeves!).

2/23/2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Looks great Jae, BTW I wanted to let you know that I'd forgotten to give you a big thanks on the ISE blog although I did on mine. So its there now if you want to take a look. Thanks again! Stripey :-)

2/24/2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

I'm so glad that you got something you love! you deserve it...and what are you doing outdoors in short sleeves? Huh? I know what its' like there right now.
my kids are both going to be in your neck of the woods next week. One down from TC, the other up from Indiana

2/24/2006 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - you got MY scarf (jokes)....lucky duck!

2/25/2006 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home