Thursday, March 2

Deception

Monday came and went with no mail. No bills, no adds, no unsolicited credit card applications. So I thought.

Apparently my father sent a package that was too large for our mailbox. Since the mailman is friends with my husband, he tends to go out of his way for us. Instead of a note telling us to pick up our mail at the post office, like he would for most on his route, he just wedged it between our storm door and the front door of our house. That would have been a wonderful gesture, except that door is rarely used this time of year. Dad called last night asking if we got his package, which sent us looking for Monday's mail.

Not only did we find Dad's missing mail, but an offer from American Express, coupons for Pizza Hut, and a cute hand made card from my Secret Pal.

Sorry for the scare, SP! I love the details and the spring-like accents. This time of year is so dreary. The snow is going, if not gone. The ground is brown and bare. No leaves or flowers to brighten the landscape. Your card was a wonderful surprise!

Continuing along with the theme of deceptive activity, see this scrap of lace. It took me three hours to knit 240 stitches for my homework. Three. Hours.

At my first class I was told that lace is nothing more than a combination of knits, purls, yarn overs, and decreases. Sounds simple, right? Someone should put a warning label on lace patterns. "Objects may be more difficult than they appear". I'd forget a yarn over and have to tink back a row or two. I'd lose my place on the chart and skip a row or knit a row twice. Tink some more.

I'm off for my second class. I really need it. I am definitely not ready for something as large as a dishcloth a shawl.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your class is back on. Sounds like a challenging expierence, but you'll enjoy it Im sure.

Glad you got the card, it looks like the stem of that flower got bent a bit - sorry :(

Well, have fun at your class...

Your Pal

3/02/2006 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch..yeah, mistakes in lace are painful! My only advice is to never knit lace when tired or otherwise distracted. (I've learned that the hard way...)

3/02/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home