Tuesday, March 7

Lace Is For the Birds

I have fallen in love with this after seeing it here.

The end goal of my four month lace class is to design and knit my own lace shawl, scarf, table linen, or whatever-my-heart-desires. Our instructor is very good in not limiting our creativity or enthusiasm. As a class we have lots of that in abundance, though our ability is still in infancy.

As part of the homework for our second class, we had to pick a sampler pattern to chart and knit that we would consider using for our project. My instructor indicated I should choose a feather like pattern given my current love affair. I choose Ogee from Treasury of Knitting Patterns. Even then she didn't discourage me.

I was so excited when I managed to chart the ten rows on page 233 without incident. I started to cast on and she calmly showed me page 234. Eighteen more rows to go.

I know she was laughing on the inside.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on! you have a lace teacher? that's it. i'm moving

3/07/2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

i love that pattern Jae - it is the only pattern on my wish list right now!
so glad you're lace class is going well, I thought from the title of your post that you were giving up on lace

3/09/2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home