Saturday, March 4

The Light Is On And Somebody's Home

I had an Aha! moment today. You know, that moment when the light goes on above your head, an audible click is heard, and your vision clears up.

I was closing the toe of the second BYOB sock. I was also cursing praising the genius who invented the Kitchner stitch. While begging the yarn gods, the sock gods, the knitting gods and whatever other gods I could think of for help, my pleas were answered - by accident. (Or perhaps not, those yarn gods are a sneaky bunch!) I mistakenly let a stitch drop before I meant to but the result was perfection.

I had closed the first sock with some struggle. I think it worked out more by chance than by understanding, but closing the mate brought enlightenment. I feel all smart inside. I love those moments when the difficult becomes incredibly easy.

Now if only I could figure out how to photograph my own toes without needing yoga poses.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very purdy

3/05/2006 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the socks are great..and I hope to have one of those "ahhh" moments on the project I'm working on!

3/06/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

beautiful. you must be proud. I have a love/hate relationship with seaming... it makes things look so nice, but it's so TEDIOUS.

3/07/2006 2:36 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Very nice sock! And you're quite the limber girl as well for getting your foot up on that table! *grin*

3/10/2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home