Tuesday, March 14

Game of Pretend

I believe I promised knitting news. Of course, I promised it for Sunday. In my defense . . . all right, I confess - I don't have an excuse. I hope you'll forgive me and play along. Whatever you do, please don't call my mom and tell her I don't know my days of the week.

As promised, here are Sunday's Tuesday's knitting updates.

- Silkroad Aran -

Since you've graciously agreed to pretend that Sunday and Tuesday are the same day, I hope you'll go a little farther and pretend that there is picture here. There will be as soon as Blogger agrees to cooperate and accept the uploaded picture. Until then - the knitting is red, tweedy, cabled, and three times longer than the link below. You know, to help with the pretending.


The last post about Silkroad was over a month ago. It didn't get much attention for most of February. However, all of Saturday's knitting was primarily dedicated to this sweater. It's a fun knit, but requires concentration on the wrong side rows. More than once, my seed stitch turned to ribbing.

- Lace Homework -

Love / Hate with the Ogee lace. I've become a real pro at making yarn overs where I missed adding one. Also, I have learned to move yarn overs when I've misplaced them in the row. This is usually caused by my attempts to simultaneously knit lace and watch TV. Unlike some of the other patterns I've had to do for the class, I have not been able to memorize the chart. Thus, it also requires a great deal of concentration.

- Hat With Earflaps -

Since, the Silkroad and the lace have a lot of paying-attention-requirements, I'm about to cast on for a hat. Not just any hat, but a hat with earflaps. Apparently, the two other hats I've knitted for my husband are no longer warm enough, because they don't have earflaps. I did point out that a hat with or without earflaps would not be required if he chose to fish when the weather was above 0 degree F. In typical style, he became selectively deaf to that piece of information. In the end, I caved. After all how can I turn down an excuse to cast on.

Please imagine that there is a picture of brick red Mission Falls 1824 Wool skeins. There are three of them along with a small swatch of 5 stitches to the inch knit with US size 6 needles.


- Cleo, the Camera Hog

This would be the picture of Cleo demanding my attention while I was photographing the aforementioned Mission Falls. She is a pear shaped, short-haired, calico with a sweet disposition - usually. If you need help with the pretending, Cleo can also be seen here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your so funny!

Your pal

3/14/2006 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I actually am better than I thought about pretending. I confess, I am one of those people likes to look at pictures on blogs :) So thanks for accomodating me with the next best thing.

3/17/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

Jae, I love love love those cables on the Silkroad - what pattern is that again? I know you said, but I forgot! Can you even believe it?
Yay for you that your lace learning is teaching you all sorts of other wonderful useful skills. Sounds like a great class.

3/18/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home