Tuesday, March 28

No Place Like Home

I'm home! Friday, we drove to Cincinnati, OH and then to Bristol, TN on Saturday. Hubby and I didn't realize how long a drive it was until yesterday. We drove the whole route home in one day - over 12 hours in the car. Today, I can't sit still for more than a few minutes. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Arriving home, I was greeted with two packages. The first was from Donni. It was the lace weight yarn she had dyed. She might not love it, but I do! (Isn't that the cool part of swapping?) She also sent along two lovely stitch markers sized for smaller needles. Perfect for when I my lace class moves from swatches to projects. Thank you so much Donni!
I was so tired last night that I was confused with the second package. I thought to myself that I didn't know any Lisa and why would a Lisa be sending me mail? Hubby leaned over my shoulder, glanced at the address and laughed. He said my SP was from Georgia and perhaps it was my reveal package. I must have been really out of it that my husband was more clued in to the knitting blog world than I at that moment. :)
My Secret Pal is indeed Lisa. Boy, oh boy, does she know how to spoil a person. Inside my reveal package was four luscious skeins of Inca Print. It is approx 50 grams each of 100% Alpaca in a lovely purple, red, and brown. I have been carrying the yarn around all day today. I can't let it go - it is that soft!! She also included my favorite needles - Lantern Moon in size US9. Many many thanks to you Lisa! You have been a great secret pal!


Now, if you'll excuse me I have to unpack from my trip and play with my new yarn!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

Glad you liked it. Your hubby wins the clue of the day award :) tee hee Too funny.

3/28/2006 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Great Mistake finds it's rightfull owner. I am always so envious when I read about US Secret Pal swaps - we don't seem to have the same yarn resources over here and to send stuff is so prohibitive in postage costs...:(

3/28/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

oh, pretty pretty stuff! Inca Alpaca is one of my alltime fav yarns. In fact, I haven't knit with a yarn from Classic Elite that I didn't love. I'm thinking it's one of the most underrated co's out there.
So, did you get any knitting done on that long car ride? inquiring minds and all that.

3/29/2006 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home