Tuesday, April 25

Where in Canada is Jae?

I am still without a camera cable. This is a real shame because I have made a good start to the Trout socks. And the color! I am enthralled with this colorway. Beautiful vibrant blueish-greens and reddish-purples. As I knit each stitch, I am pleasantly surprised at the colors running across my needles.

Since I have no pictures of yarn to offer, I am offering the real thing. The prize is Heritage Handpaint Oxford yarn in the colorway of your choice. The contest is to guess where I am this week.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I am somewhere in Canada. However, Canada is a really large country. Here are a few hints.

1) I traveled across the Blue Water Bridge to enter Canada.
2) English is the language normally spoken.
3) The River Thames runs through the town.
4) The town’s nickname is derived from its limestone architecture.
5) The Baseball Hall of Fame calls this town home.

Leave your guess in the comments and you will be entered for a drawing. I will close the drawing on Friday April 28, 2006 at 11:55 PM EDST. The winner will be drawn at random from all the entries.

8 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

You are in St. Mary's, Onatario. Sounds beautiful!

4/25/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

St. Marys, Ontario

4/25/2006 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are in St. Marys, Ontario, also nicknamed "Stonetown." Enjoy your trip!

4/25/2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

St. Marys, Ontario...I have a friend who lives near :) hope your having a good time.

4/25/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

St. Mary's
I hope you have a wonderful trip and keep your eye out for Green things! :)
When I googled Canada River Thames and looked at the map at first I thought you would be in Lighthouse Cove - I was thinking about the yarns you listed in a previous post! Happy travels!

4/26/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Stickchicky said...

Definately St.Mary's! Welcome ! My lovely province sure is lookin up these last couple of weeks. Hope you are enjoying yourself!

4/26/2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I'd leave my guess but it's been well said already. ;) Welcome to our fair province!!

4/27/2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

so, you crossed the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia...already we know where you are.

4/28/2006 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home