Sunday, April 16

Basketful of Sugar

A few weeks ago, my DH's niece came over to dye yarn. Most of it went to live with her, but I kept the strawberry / lemonade to make baskets for Niece and Nephew. Baskets loaded with sugar and chocolate. After all, I will not be the one peeling the kids from the ceiling.

We are visiting for dinner this evening. This should make a nice surprise for the little ones. Their parents may think otherwise. ;)

I made up the pattern as I went along. When the skeins were laid out for dyeing, the lengths were arbitrary. This combination of colorway and basket diameter the stripes are quite thick. I am curious to see if Niece has knit with the other skeins and if the stripes are just as large.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look so neat! :D I just checked out the post when you dyed the yarn. Oh man, I need to do my dyeing SOON! I have some yarn ordered from KnitPicks. It should be here by this Saturday. Maybe I'll dye Saturday afternoon. *L*

I think your large stripes are pretty nifty on those Baskets. :D

4/18/2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home