Sunday, April 30

Alternative Career Paths for Double Point Needles.

1) Toothpicks on the cheese platter tray. For the DPN that prefers food over fiber.

2) Gap Checkers. For the DPN that is obsessed with straight lines.
I suppose if your job doesn't involve automotive interiors this might require explanation. In the auto industry, achieving perfectly sized gaps between parts is a really big deal. Why this is remains a mystery, because every one outside the industry seems more concerned with their car's gas mileage, safety features, and maintenance record instead of the size or consistency of the gaps. Go figure. However, I've used my DPNs for a quick check more than once when a calibrated instrument wasn't readily available.

3) Planting stakes for small seedlings. For the outdoors type.

4) Object retrievers from tight spaces. Claustrophobic DPNs need not apply.

5) Cable needle. Good choice for the DPN that isn't willing to stray to far from it's heritage.

6) Hairsticks. For the fashion sensitive DPN.

7) Cast scratcher. For the DPN that wants to help others. Those of you with a broken arm or leg in your past know what I'm talking about.

8) Cat scratcher. For the animal loving DPN.



Now, for the winner of the contest. It took almost a second pot of coffee for my hubby to understand why I needed him to pick a number at random, but I eventually got him to do so. It was 3. Emma, this means I need your snail mail info. Send me an email and I'll send you a description of the colors for your very own hank of Heritage Handpaint.

I also would like to point out that blogger can be very stingy with a commenter's details. Some of you have left comments and I really wanted to reply but blogger was unwilling to provide a useful email address. So for those I have not directly responded to please know that I appreciate your visits and comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Congrats to Emma.

The list of things to do with dpns was SO funny!

4/30/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

How about a kebab skewer? or a sausage poker for when you are BBQ-ing sausages and they just want to explode unless you poke a few holes in them as they cook. (Is this an Aussie thing? or do youknow what I mean?) Welcome to the tribe by the way!! :-) Stripey

4/30/2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger knitabulous said...

Welcome to the Tribe too, from me.
DPN thing was quite hysterical.

5/01/2006 1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home