Saturday, April 29

I'm Back

I worked stateside yesterday. However, my days at the plant this week have given me the indication that I will be visiting there frequently for the next few months. So those of you near St. Marys, Ontario give me a shout. It's always good to meet fellow knitters.

If my colleagues suspected before that I'm weird a knitaholic, they now have proof. I didn't drive to dinner so that I could knit on the way. I knit in the restaurant one evening. Thankfully MJ took that in stride. Who says non-knitters aren't good people? The final piece of evidence was when Steve pulled out of the drive a bit fast and I uttered a small scream. He thought he had missed seeing oncoming traffic. I responded "Hey, chick with sticks! I almost dropped a stitch."

So, after one week's knitting here is my progress. I would have been farther along, but the evening at the restaurant cut my knitting time short. Wine and DPNs are not a good combination for me. That is a guaranteed recipe for dropped stitches.





I have not lost my love of this color. The close up represents it better - atleast on my monitor. The pattern however... mewh. My husband likes it though and that's what counts. So I'll plod on.

It's the Gentleman's Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush with some modifications. I was able to almost get gauge with this yarn but it made the fabric really stiff. The yarn is Gem Opal dyed in the Trout colorway. It knits up nicer on 2's. So I'm adapting the pattern to my gauge.

I'll announce the winner of the contest shortly after my random number generator has finished his first pot of morning coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Welcome back and I really like that colorway!

4/29/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Oh, that's looking so good, and I love the colors!

4/29/2006 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home