Tuesday, May 2

The Race Is On

I have been blogging for six months. I was all set to wax philosophical about the joys of blogging, the friends I'm making, the new ideas I'm learning. Except that I am distracted by this...

This is all the yarn I have for my hubby's Trout socks. Can you see it? The cliff I am doomed to knit right over? The total lack of yardage?!? In my defense there is plenty of yarn for my feet, which is what I originally intended. I am most definitely blaming this impending disaster on my husband's unwillingness to accept shorter socks or shrink his feet.

I confirmed my suspicions by visiting my LYS. We agreed that the three skeins in my possession would last me, at best, through the second sock's gusset. They had half a skein of the colorway I'm using. I think it will be a race to the very last stitch of the second toe between me and the trout. I hope to win by a gill.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Those are so beautiful though, despite the problems with yardage. So that's the trout I'm getting, eh? Love it!

5/02/2006 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you win by at least a whole fin! I absolutely love the colorway. Do you know if it is carried online anywhere?

5/02/2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Oh I wish you luck, and like everyone else has pointed out - the colors are beautiful!

5/03/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

don't you just hate that? Holding my breath for you.
BTW, have you seen this?
http://amazinglace.licketyknit.com/
I thought of you the minute I saw it.

5/04/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Love the colourway! Fingers crossed that you have enough. :-)

5/04/2006 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!! The yarn is so beautiful, that must be to distract you from its running-outedness!!! I am about to knit some big socks, I will bear your socks in mind!!!

5/06/2006 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home