Friday, May 26

A Fin Away From Finished

I have left you in suspense. It has probably been so long that you cannot even recall what is causing you to cross your fingers for me. I sincerely apologize for the delay in reporting my knitting progress. I would like it noted, however, that if these Trout socks were for me I would be finished by now.

I have three repeats of the 2 x 2 ribbing pattern before the toe decrease. There appears to be enough yarn to complete the second sock. However, I am aware that looks can be deceiving. After all, each turn of the ball has less yarn than the turn before it. Plus, I have to worry about the unusual length of my husband's toes.

My husband never lets his feet see the light of day wears socks all the time and in all seasons. As such, I have only seen his bare feet twice before this not so little knitting project. I was completely unprepared for his long skinny toes. They measure two and 3/4 inches. Is it me or does that equal really long toes?

I promise that you won't have to keep your fingers crossed for too much longer. We should know the answer to "have enough or not have enough yarn" very soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

LOL. I hope you have enough yarn :) Poor guy must not get many foot massages if youv'e only seen his feet twice :)

5/26/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger metal and knit said...

I wouldnt say its really long my mothers are long and skinny foot as well

5/27/2006 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home