Thursday, June 8

Defying Physics

This was waiting for me when I arrived home after a long day of work. If I had known that the inside was bigger than the outside, I would have put something in the picture for scale. (Mental note for next time!) Seriously, this box has defied the laws of physics.

Look at the pile of loot it contained. Not one, not two, but three wonderful books of knitting patterns, including how to make Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. My Secret Pal must be a little psychic because I was about to break down and buy that book. She also sent along Folk Vests from Around the World and Knit Wit.

Let's see. There is also two skeins of novelty yarn that will look great as a little something extra on a scarf or hat. Two chocolate bars were included. What? You only see one? That's because the other disappeared almost instantly upon the opening of the box. Strawberry Crunchies that are going to the office with me for the next time I have an emergency meeting about some crisis that occurred five minutes before lunchtime. The bag won't be around too long. That meeting is probably scheduled for tomorrow. A tea pouch for my eyes so that I can relax after the emergency lunch-canceling meeting.

The nicest gift was the hand knit funky purse. If I'm smart, I'll fill it with something heavy edible. Then I can use it to knock unconscious the chairperson prevent hunger during the emergency lunch-canceling sky-is-falling meeting.

Secret Pal, thank you very much for the wonderful box of goodness! You are incredibly generous. Now I'm off to fill the purse with rocks fruity granola bars and browse the books to see what needs to be added to my must knit list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

Cool, I like the purse. Don't beat the guys at work up too much :) Chocolate is your friend! Tee Hee

6/09/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Looks like your Secret Pal knew exactly how to make you smile. Chocolate! Yummy! (Then again, who doesn't smile at chocolate!)

6/12/2006 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home