Sunday, July 23

Facing the Inevitable


I had been waiting to block this sweater until the humidity level dropped. I would hate to add mildew to my list of worries about this sweater. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. That I am blatantly ignoring the very real possibility of having to cut the cuffs and reknit the sleeves shorter had nothing to do with my procrastination.

I choose to wet block the sweater instead of steam it. One, the sweater really needed it after more than two years of laying around waiting for the end. Two, I figure if I am to learn the truth about it's real proportions this would be the way to do it. After all when I finally decide to remove my head from the sand, it is usually with an enthusiastic desire to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I am a person of two natures, what can I say?

The sleeves still look really long even after I managed to take about 1.5 inches from the seam by wriggling the stitching around. Tomorrow, it will be dry enough to wear. If my husband is posting instead of me, you'll know the results weren't favorable and I had a lie down in the road.

7 Comments:

Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Oh Jae, I hope you dont end up lying in the road! Wow - you've had some great parcels lately arent you lucky. Oh the girls were blue all afternoon. There was so much colour that I think Gemma's nappy might be blue today too! lol...

7/23/2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

No lying in the road - only telling the truth!

7/23/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Ruby Girl said...

It looks OK while blocking, it will be good to see it on you.

7/23/2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too much info Sharon - gone on Jae - cut those seams - snip away. I'll be right behind you.

7/24/2006 4:37 AM  
Blogger ICJ said...

I cannot wait to see your sweater on you!

Isabelle right before you on the Amazing Lace side bar list! :)

7/24/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

ok Jae, no lying down in the road, regardless. Good for you for blocking. let's see now.

7/24/2006 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! Long sleaves and all. :D (I looked back at the previous post to see the piccie of you in it.)

Just think once you get it all fixed up the way you want it you'll have a faboo handknit sweater!!! :D

No matter what happens you learned something right? And there's nothing bad about that. ;)

*OtterHuggles*

7/24/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home