Monday, July 17

U-Turn

After having a serious case of the blahs, yesterday morning did not dawn much better. Someone decided in the middle of the night that my lace stole knitting needles made a great toy. Essentially, I had to tink back ten rows to find a spot that I could start moving forward again.

I didn't get a picture of the mess I found. I was too freaked out to think about the camera. I am amazed that ten rows looks like such small yardage. That doesn't seem like a lot of fiber for the hour and half I spent unknitting it.

However the day did take a turn for the better. I found a box full of goodies on my front porch, from my secret pal8.

A beautiful, soft mohair skein that doesn't feel at all stiff or scratchy like some mohairs. Also inside was the summer 2005 Knitter's magazine - one I don't have. Trail mix, a Boyd's Bear pin, craft rings, a cute card, stitch/row markers, a vintage thread cutter and two US1 circular needles round out the list of goodies.

I've already attached the thread cutter to my project bag as I can never find the scissors when I need them. The trail mix has been properly hidden from husband who can smell peanuts in the house from a mile away. I'm also doing my best to ignore the lace sweater pattern that is trying to get my attention from the center of the magazine. Because, you know, I don't have enough on my needles right now.

Thank you so much SP! It really brightened my day! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to invent cat proof needles.

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Better yet - invent a cat jail cell!

7/17/2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger Spinner said...

LOL - cats and knitting are magnetically drawn to each other. This is how I KNOW that my 10 lb "dog" is actually a cat. It's the only explanation I can come up with for why my kntting keeps ending up in her doggie-bed.

7/19/2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home