Monday, July 24

Traffic Jam Narrowly Averted

I appreciate all the supportive comments. Knowing that so many of you are willing to lay down road flares, cones, traffic barrels, and post signs warning of a knitter down to avoid the possibility of me becoming another speedbump on the road of knitting mishaps is truly touching. Fortunately, it won't be needed.


The sleeves are indeed a bit too long - to my knuckles. If I were to knit it again, I'd shorten it by about 2 inches. However, it is usually cold in my office and I like my sleeves to hit just above my thumb. So, I am willing to live with the way this turned out. If I find the sleeves annoying after it's first outing, I'll threaten it with scissors then.

Now for the details.
Yarn: GGH Safari, color #09. Thank goodness, I choose the same color as the magazine. Otherwise I would be scouring the internet to learn whether Farbe or Partie is another word for color. It's Farbe, by the way.

Needles: I distinctly remember Addi Turbos. The pattern calls for size US8. Since I usually hit gauge I'm going to guess that's the size I used. (Did I mention this has been off the needles for almost a year?) I would recommend bamboo instead though. This yarn is very slippery on the turbos.

Pattern: Grecian Cowl Pullover - IK Summer 2003

Started: Oh, let's say somewhere after July of 2003 and before Jan of 2004. I know that I originally stated July-ish 2004. That was before I had to hunt through all my summer IK magazines looking for this pattern to block it. I know I started it shortly after the issue was released.

Finished: Today. And does it ever feel good!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is really stunning! Nice work!

7/24/2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

It looks great and CONGRATS. Are you a member of sp8? I can't remember...

7/24/2006 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your jumper looks fantastic!! It looks really great!!Well done!!!

7/25/2006 2:44 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I think it looks great! Personally, I prefer my sleeves a little longer.

Great job!

7/25/2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Wow, that is a stunning sweater - it looks really gorgeous on you!! Bet you are so glad to have it finally together :)

7/25/2006 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got your wonderful, thoughtful card in the mail. Thank you so very much.

Soooo digging the kicky sweater!! Nice work!

7/27/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger StudioBlue said...

Nice job on the sweater, it's really beautiful!

7/28/2006 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out beautiful, I love it.

7/29/2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

very flattering! Don't you just love the feel of accomplishment?

7/30/2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger Ruby Girl said...

It is lovely, I just love that cowl type neck/shoulder wrap thing the way it sits.

7/31/2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home