Thursday, August 17

My Very Own Socks

The excitement of Stitches has rejuvenated my desire to swatch for my Peacock-Palawan Shawl design. As Marji has mentioned, it also inspired me to take a hard honest look at my stash and wip's. Some yarn on my needles is going to come off. Some have found new motivation to finish.

I'll post more about the swatches, and stash & wip reduction later. Amidst all the Stitches excitement, I also found a cold, allergy, sinus infection or well, something that requires a great deal of sleep and throat lozenges.

Fresh off my DPNs I present Crusoe. My very first pair of socks for moi!


Needles: US2 DPNs.
Pattern: Crusoe from Knitty
Yarn: Koigu, color 105L
Dates: May 29, 2006 - Aug 16, 2006

I loved knitting them. I even like the pooling. (The other sock has a blue splotch on the bottom.)They were quick and easy. After a brief read through, I didn't need the pattern either. Thus they were very portable. I will have to weigh the remaining yarn, but I think there may be enough to do another pair. (I had three skeins and I think I used about half of two skeins each.)

Also - Alyssa you asked about the Andrea Silk colorway. It is Renata Tebaldi from the memorable womens VII colorways. Even better in person than I was able to photo it. :)

Now I'm off to sleep some more. I'll leave you with Cleo being all snuggly with the sheep.

5 Comments:

Blogger metal and knit said...

love the socks and well mmm makes me think about my growing pile of work to be done. Cleo looks cute cuddled with a new friend

8/17/2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae did that mean you used 2 skeins? or 1/2 of each skein = 1 skein. Maybe I need another coffee - they look Great!

8/17/2006 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cleo!! Hi from The Labradors!!
What lovely socks, but they are the first pair for you??? At last!! Mind you, I knitted socks for other people before I made any for myself too!!
I think you should definitely Shawl ahead. Hope your cold is a short one and you feel better soon!!

8/17/2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those socks look fabulous!! Congrats on having "Your Own" special pair!

8/18/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Love the Socks, but then I love Koigu. Now, if I'm correct you bought some more KPPPM while at Stitches. What are you planning on doing with it?

8/18/2006 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home