Tuesday, August 22

Opinions Wanted

I have to make a decision. But I can't. I want to, but I am torn.

All the thinking, calculating, charting, and in general creative noodling for the peacock shawl has left me with little brain power. It has also created the desire to knit some lace. Not just any lace, but some lace where someone else has done all the work.

I have narrowed it down to the following two items. They fill the requirement of pre-designed lace. There is the added benefit of being portable. A valuable trait for the lunchtime knitting hour.

So would it be too much to ask of you to decide for me? Really, I cannot make up my mind. One has beads, the other is toe-up. This holds an appeal to the never-before-tried side of me. One is cuff down and the other is beadless. This is attractive to the less-risk-of-exploding-the-only-remaining-brain-cell side of me.

(If I did the htm code right, you should be able to click both links and open separate windows for side by side comparison)
Option 1: Reptilian Lace socks, Koigu yarn color P535 with perfectly matching beads.


Option 2: Baudelaire Socks, Koigu yarn color P416L


Don't hold back. Tell me what you think.

10 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Wow, the peacock shawl is going to be sooo pretty!

I would go with Baudelaire, personally. I like the design better, and while both the yarns are lovely, I'm really liking the pale blues.

Good luck!

8/22/2006 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baudelaire in Pale Blue : beacause I worry that the beads will dig in if you have lace up higher boots/shoes. I have some that go to my ankle and I love the beaded socks, but worry they will dig in. Baudelaire are my next socks for me!!!

8/22/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

Hmmm....I've never knit socks or done lace so I'm not sure I'm much help. However, I liked the first pattern better - very pretty.

8/22/2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Go the crocodile socks! They look supurb! :-)

8/22/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Baudelaire but in the green. Sorry! :)

8/22/2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger metal and knit said...

make 2 pair of Baudelaire I tend to have 2 pair of socks on the go so when you get to a section of concentrate you can go to the other mindless section of the others.
I must say both yarns are lovely though

8/23/2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

do the knit without the beads if you are just wanting a non-frustrating knit for a moment. Go ahead, you can knit with beads later. I've knit with beads, and although the directions are clear and I think I've done everything right, every once in awhile one of those suckers just decides it's going to reside on the wrong side and there is not much to do to coax it right. sends the frustration meter through the roof.
so, while still working out the Palowan, I'd go for the beadless knit.

8/23/2006 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen Ailsa's Baudelaire and saw how much a lace lover can love a lacey toe-up sock...so I'd go with that one

8/23/2006 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red lace socks !! RED LACE SOCKS!!
Oh, wait a minute, the red in the picture is not an option?
I retract my opinion....

M-J

8/23/2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Sick and twisted as I am. I love the Reptilian ones WITH the beads. Very snazzy! I'm obviously outnumbered, but I'm right (JK).

Both are lovely. Maybe that's your answer - knit both.

8/24/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home