Saturday, September 2

A Day In Pictures

The house was a chilly 68F degrees this morning when I awoke. A few hours later, the sky still looked like this. Grey, very, very grey. It is actually raining in the photo. One of those incredibly light and misty rains that puts a chill dampness in the air, but does not manage to wet the ground in the slightest bit.

Between the chilly temperature and grey skies, it is clear that autumn is ready to arrive. However, in case further proof is required, our oak tree has begun to sporadically drop a leaf or two onto the driveway. Across the street, our neighbor's sycamore (this is, of course, a guess on my uneducated botanist part) has lost more than half of it's foliage.

Things did brighten a bit when the mail arrived. A little bird had told me of a sale at Busy Hands Yarn. I could not resist the temptation and availed myself of a few lace patterns. I'm not sure when the time will be found to knit these up. On the up side, pattern stash enhancement is far less painful on the pocketbook.

Not wanting to upset the balance of nature, the lazy feeling of the day has been observed. One row frogged, three rows knitted, resulting in slow but steady progress on the peacock-palawan shawl. At each stage I am questioning the decisions I made for the design. Often, I try to improve the idea only to end up where I started. Remembering that has been difficult. I have casted on. The "design" phase is completed. Knitting will be the task of the day.

In between the cat naps.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

It may have been gray and dreary outside, but it sure looks nice and cozy inside!

9/02/2006 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go SABLE go

9/02/2006 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually homesick for that kind of weather now that I'm in Louisiana. I'll have to experience Michigan's fall vicariouly through blogs like yours!

9/03/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

It sounds like kitty has the right idea on such a grey day! I hope the weather has improved.

9/06/2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Tonni said...

I can't wait to see the finished peacock-palawan shawl. Is this a pattern that you are writing to sell?

9/09/2006 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home