Monday, August 28

Random Monday

A few random thoughts because I'm not quite together enough for a real post.

~ I think I read somewhere that I'm supposed to wait till Wednesday to be random. However, when you think about it Mondays are probably a better day. Mondays are tough enough most weeks without the added pressure of a proper blog post.

~ My husband went grocery shopping earlier today. Yet he is now complaining that there is no bread for a vegemite & toast creation. Am I the only one confused as to how this might be?

~ I have a love-hate relationship with "nature". Today was about the love. This is what greeted my morning tea. Can you see the mother in the upper right corner?


~ If you are wondering what to do with that leftover red yarn in your stash. Consider this - Red Scarf Project. I don't know why but this really pulls at my heart strings. I've got some Manos that should be perfect for this.

~ Have you ever tried to find DK weight non-synthetic, non-cotton yarn in big bird yellow? Doesn't exist. I've looked. I only need one skein. You would think the universe could arrange this for me. Apparently it has better things to do.

~ I've been on vacation since last Thursday. Tomorrow I have to go back to work. What I really want is a winning lottery ticket. Since the universe can't come up with a simple thing such as bright yellow wool, I won't even bother to ask for the ticket.

~ My peacock/palawan shawl is no longer in trial mode. The final cast on has happened and I am half way through the first section. Stay tuned for pictures.

Less random posts will commence again in the near future. However, I make no promises about the improvement in coherence. I can babble in a straight forward manner just as well.
:)

6 Comments:

Blogger metal and knit said...

seeing deer makes my mouth water. I tend to eat quite a bit of venison as around here they have to be reduced and the top quality meat cant be just given to the dogs. I have about a large freezer of it to keep my stock up.

8/28/2006 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Eating Bambi!! We also eat Skippy!! Ah, men's shopping!! The shopping you have when you're not having shopping!! Oh, I can't wait to see your Peacock creation!!!!

8/28/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

random reply
1. congrats on starting, for real, palowan (did I spell that wrong?)
2. deer photo is serene and calming, so is thought of leisurely tea
3. thanks much for the red scarf project update, I didn't know they were doing that again this year. would you believe I still have 4 sq to mail to Warming Grace. must get to post office.
4. lottery tickets? good luck

8/31/2006 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great photo! I love the mum in the back. men grocery shopping? we went to a cabin last weekend and when it came time to do dinner i had to send hubby back to the store to get something decent to cook. nachos just were not going to cut it!

8/31/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Good morning, the universe called - how about Emu DK Superwash wool 50g in true yellow? I have one skein that I ordered to check it out, untouched.

Deer playing in the back yard is always a wonderous experience - that was a great photo! And palwan, can't wait to see that one develop :) Congrats!

9/04/2006 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have a love-hate relationship with nature. The love part is when it's nice out and I'm just sort of tromping around. The hate part is when it's rainy and or windy, it's mud everywhere and I'm hungry.

9/18/2006 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home