Saturday, January 21

Blurred Vision

This whole week has seemed a disorganized blur. Strange when you consider that life events have been rather slooowwww. Yet somehow I managed to not get a good photo of my ISE scarf, not thank my mother for the wonderful stitch markers and needle case she sent, or blog about how the BYOB Warm Neck has been started and frogged three times. Well there is nothing I can do about the first except hope that my scarf pal is better with a digital camera than me graces me with a better photo.

The stitch markers - lots and lots of stitch markers. She sent me little ones for sock needles and some for worsted weight needles. The fates are telling me I had better start my first sock soon. Now aren't they gorgeous? I keep telling her she should sell them.

And this is the needle case. It matches the "Vera" tote and cases that she made for me a few years ago. I carry so much in the tote that I've broken the strap seams - twice!




Have I mentioned that I have the best mom ever? Hard to believe that we fought like cats and dogs when I was a teen. Well, okay, maybe I did all the fighting and she just tried to survive it. Either way, I have the Best. Mom. Ever.

As for the BYOB scarf, it is a lovely autumn variegated Manos. It demands plain stockinette stitch. Tried moss stitch - the variegation was ... too variegated. It got lost in the moss. Tried ribs 2x2 and 3x1 - the ribs were...too ribby. I'm aiming for something classy. The ribs spoke more functional than class. I can't bring myself to knit the whole thing from beginning to end in stockinette. But I think I have found the answer. I am going to begin and end it with something similar to the Mermaid tail found in New Knits on the Block with stockinette in the middle. My mom wants it short, about 3 feet, and this detail will give it the little extra that I'm looking for.

And to continue with my inability to get my act together, I forgot in the above list to mention my awesome secret pal. She has been sending me e-cards and e-mails that make me laugh and warm my days. She must also be slightly mystic. She wished me a weekend of knitting and petting kitties. Today, hubby had to leave for work early. I slept in and woke to two cats sitting in his place. Waiting patiently for my attention. Now, I'm off to knit, knit, knit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those markers are really cool and so is the bag. Your Mom rocks!

She really should sale those; I would buy :)

Well, have a great weekend.

Your Pal

1/21/2006 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would buy those marker too - I wish I knew how to make nice ones like those!

1/21/2006 5:55 PM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home