Sunday, January 8

Secret Pal 7 questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I suppose I am a snob. I prefer natural fibers. I don't avoid Red Heart / Lion Brand, but I don't buy them for a project except maybe large blankets. Do I have to admit to being a snob? Connoisseur sounds so much nicer. :)
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I know how to crochet, but it isn't my preferred use of fiber. I don't spin, but have been tempted. I just haven't found the time to learn yet.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My mother made a knitting tote and needle organizers for me. They are all full. She is currently making another circular holder for me.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for over 7 years. I would say I am intermediate knitter. But it depends on the project.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, but I wouldn't turn down window-shopping at Amazon, Knit Picks, or some other online store if my SP wanted some ideas.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like candles that smell sort of earthy like coffee, nuts, chocolate, etc.. And bath products I like light, fruity smells like raspberry, cucumber, or citrus. And vanilla is a good scent for anything.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't have a sweet tooth for candy except for dark chocolate. I prefer baked goods like cookies or cake over candy. And I also like mixed nuts.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Craftwise, I am pretty much obsessed with knitting. But I also like gourmet cooking.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Most of the time I listen to country music, but I listen to other stuff too. Anything but rap or elevator music. My computer can play MP3s but not my stereo.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Usually autumn or winter colors - blue, green, red, rusts.... I am not a big fan of pastels. I think they make my pale skin look even more washed out.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married for 1+ years with 2 cats, Cleopatra and Caesar. The cat's names not my husband :)
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats, and gloves. I like being able to use all my fingers. I don't wear ponchos since I prefer big casual sweaters.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Merino wool or alpaca are my favorite fibers.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Anything that is stiff or not soft. I like yarn that has a nice drape to it, if that makes any sense.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Recently, I have been obsessed with sock yarn. Have I ever knitted socks? No, but I have been buying sock yarn like I have 8 feet instead of 2.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? For quick projects, I like hats and scarves. Larger projects are usually sweaters.
17. What are you knitting right now? I have a lot of in process projects hidden about the house, but I am actively working on the Aran Tweed sweater from the latest Interweave, 1 hat, and 2 scarves.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course, those are often the best kind.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular or 10" straights.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addi's are my usual choice, but I have a fair number of bamboo/rosewood needles incase the yarn is too slippery for the Addi.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have both.
22. How did you learn to knit? I am mostly self-taught from books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? I have a 2/3's done sweater that is at least 3 years old. The yarn is a ribbon yarn and I hate the way it twists when I knit.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't have a favorite character, but I am a big fan of the Pixar movies. My favorite animal would be cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Probably Halloween.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Stitch markers - I am addicted to stitch markers. Big, little, beaded, charmed, doesn't matter.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave and Vogue
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Since I have all this sock yarn, I ought to knit at least one pair of socks. I hear a lot of good things about Nancy Bush's books for sock patterns.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn to lace knitting, and the Cat Bordhi moebius seems cool, too.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? My mom wants socks for a birthday gift, so I will be soon. My feet are 8.25" around and 9" long from tip of toe to back of heel. I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) July 30
32. Any allergies?
None, but strong perfumes or smoke make me sneeze.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Thanks for posting your SP7 qustionnaire! I hope you enjoy spoiling your pal, and being spoiled too!
Shelby

1/22/2006 10:39 AM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home