Thursday, December 29

Fini!

As I mentioned in my last post, my husband threatened to not buy yarn for Christmas this year. Now, I'm sure I don't need to state how that definitely set me in a panic. My heart was skipping beats, my palms began sweating, and my head felt dizzy. As it turns out, he was just trying to up the surprise factor. But it did have the side affect of making me feel guilty that I haven't actually finished the previous some knitting required sweaters.

The one from 2003 was Rowan Biggy Print. It was a yarn that I had seen in my LYS. I was fascinated that it called for size US36 needles. It's been off the needles but in pieces for some months. (In case it isn't obvious, I like to knit, not seam.) So, I decided to hedge my bets for future unassembled sweaters. I have finished it!!

It took three tries to get the first sleeve to sit properly. The weight of the yarn and the huge stitch size was conspiring against me. But with trial and error, I learned what I needed. The second sleeve went in easy as pie.

Most important, my husband approves. I think I won't have to worry about being sweaterless for future gifts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great - I love the color!

1/01/2006 4:29 PM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home