Wednesday, January 11

Magic Needle Case

I just had a "duh!!" moment. I casted on for the mittens to go with the scarf for my grandmother. Knit 2'ing, Purl 2'ing away. Enjoying the simplicity of it all. Now, like most mittens, the cuff is done on needles smaller than the main mitten knittin' (Say that ten times fast). So, here I am knitting on my size 7's. Relishing the fact that without swatching, I'm still on gauge. I'm now ready to switch to my size 9's and. . .

I don't own any size 9 DPNs.

Moreover, I was surprised by this lack of needles. Why is a mystery. I was certainly forewarned. I have a knitting journal. It has a list of all my needles catalogued neatly inside. The row for size 9 needles shows a 24" circular, 14" straights, and 10" straights. Not a single mark for DPNs though. Not even a smudge or speck that I could mistake for a mark.

What was I thinking? That the cuff would last indefinitely? That the time for larger needles would never come?. That I would unroll my apparently magic needle case and they would be available without ever entering a store? Seriously?

Think that needle case could come up with a whole set of rosewood Lantern Moons while it is at the act of creating my size 9's?

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home