Tuesday, January 10

Memories for Two

My Grandmother's birthday is this week. She will be 85 years old. She is in the most amazing physical health for her age. Her mind, however, is another matter. In her early 70's she began to show signs of memory loss. As her only granddaughter, she remembered me far longer than the other grandkids. Even after she forgot my name or how she knew me, she remembered my knitting. I would come to visit, pull out my latest project, and you could almost see the memory click into place. "You are the lady who knits." Bittersweet.

She may not remember who made this for her. But I will know and that's enough.
It's finished, but I didn't get a photo before mailing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

Jae that's lovely. Sad but warm and touching too. Hugs

1/11/2006 7:44 PM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home