Wednesday, May 10

I Followed All The Clues.

They led to . . .



The first clue would be my sudden impulse to sign up for a 4 month lace class. Little did I know this was going to be my training for the big event.

Next, an email from Marji sending me the link. She didn't stop there. She publicly outted me as a possible contender.

The third clue would be from Sarah. She is writing a book of knitting patterns. (How cool is that?) I get to be test knitter for one of her projects. You guessed it - it's lace.

The final clue, that I could not ignore, was receiving the latest edition of IK. Every single project is lace. Every. Page. Is. Lace.

I have to choose a partner. I'm really leaning towards a shawl of my own design. The table doily swatch I did for tomorrow's class has really frustrated captivated me. It was designed for lace weight and a finished size of about 28 inches across. With a little fiddling though, I could turn it into a circular shawl of adult proportions.


This swatch is only 2 of the 4 patterns that make the doily. You can start to see the third pattern in between the leaf points.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're an enabler! I'm thinking the Schafer Yarn that you sent is the right shade of green for a shawl / wrap possibility to go with my dress! I was watching the Amazing Race. I signed up :)

5/10/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

oh yes! I love the progress on the doily. What a beautiful pattern.
You get to be a test knitter for one of Sarah's Patterns???? oh, I'm jealous, I'd just like to even meet her.

5/12/2006 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would explain my sudden urge to learn to do lacey stuff.

I joined. I'm blaming you. :P

This looks like so much fun!

*PokeyHugs* ;)

5/12/2006 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you to fight the call of your lace destiny? Have fun!

5/12/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

OOoh, it's so beautiful! Good luck.

5/13/2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Oh oops - I read your post and accidentally signed up too - eek - Just something to do while looking after a new baby!! lol Your lace looks fantastic BTW. :-)

5/14/2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Shan said...

The doily is just beautiful, and as a shawl I bet it will be stunning!

5/14/2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

beautiful lace! maybe i should join. maybe.

5/15/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home