Friday, November 3

G'Day Mate

Some time ago I was invited to join a wonderful group of women. I have been blessed with getting to know them. Especially Donni. So, when she told me that something nice was coming my way, I knew it was going to be NICE. If you know what I mean. ;)

I had mentioned that I wanted to learn how to dye my own fiber. I wanted to move past Kool-aid and into acid dyes. I have some nice silk and cashmere begging for some color. I've been known to take chances on faith, but I didn't think it was fair to have my stash suffer for my boldness and daring. Donni included a starter dye kit from Ashford and book on the subject. Look out now - my kitchen will never be the same!!

Along with the dye, there is some absolutely gorgeous, soft baby alpaca lace/fingering weight. My mind is already spinning in a hundred thousand directions as to all the things I could make with it. Of course, this would require that I stop petting it and carrying it everywhere I go.

A pressie is never complete with out a few sweets, Violet Crumble and Tim Tams. These are new to me. However, the fact that my husband devoured his Tim Tams in a matter of seconds tells me that I am going to love them. This fact also makes me grateful that Donni ensured I didn't have to share and sent a little care package for my hubby who misses much that is Oz.

Thank you so much Donni! Words cannot begin to express how wonderful your package is. I'm hoping that I will find time this weekend to do a little experimenting with the dyes. It is all I can do to not start heating the water right now!

5 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Yay! Dyeing is fun! I love the violet crumble, we call it sea foam here, though. Yummy.

11/03/2006 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh - heh - glad you got the parcel - I was pleased with myself actually! Thought all of it might be "sqeeeeeeeeeeeee" worthy. To a worthy recipient! Enjoy.

11/03/2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger metal and knit said...

Gee and they let the vegemite thru too. Nice package I cant wait to see how you go with it.

11/04/2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Wear gloves!

11/04/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

What a lovely package. I LOVE violet crumbles and who can't love vegemite.

As for your new dyeing hobby, I'm excited to see the results.

11/04/2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home