Saturday, October 14

Yeah, It's Nice. Keep Knitting.

So the trip to Mackinac Island that I planned with Jae is going well, cold, but well.

Oh yeah, I guess I should introduce myself. I'm M-J, and I'm today's guest blogger. Why does Jae need a guest blogger? See previous post re: train.
This is what most of the trip has looked like to me so far....


Jae: "Hey, did you see that great view?"
M-J: "Yeah, it's nice, keep knitting."


Since I am the one that complains most bitterly when there is no 'Saturday Sky' from Jae, I made sure that I took enough pictures this morning so that there were no excuses.


It was really cold out there at 6:30am.











Jae was really excited about the ferry ride, me not so much. But let me tell you when we came back on the return ride and the waves were described by the ferry staff as " 8 - 12 Ft. nothing to worry about", it was Jae that was looking a little green and me laughing like a little kid. ; )

So back to Jae's knitting, (I mean really, that's what the Blog is all about). There have been little announcements along the way this weekend. Things like "This is where I started the second time I had to frog" and "I'm finally past the K L." Some of them included smiles, some of them included fairly intimidating sailor talk. But here's where she is now.... firmly into the ABC backstretch.


Anyway, we're eating,we're drinking, we're getting lot's of fresh air, and Jae is getting cramped hands from knitting.

5 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

What a lovely sunrise, and the blankie is great :-)

10/16/2006 2:56 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Sounds like Dorrie from Finding Nemo:

"Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting. Just keep knitting..."

10/16/2006 5:50 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

hey, I was up there a week ago! It was unseasonably warm then, bwa ha ha ha ha.
Is the baby shower in the UP?
Progress is good. I commend you for the cramped hands.

10/17/2006 1:46 AM  
Blogger metal and knit said...

Great work on the blankie, Gorgeous view pity it was a keep the eyes on knoit and not the sort you can sit watch the view and knit.
My father keeps saying get those needles going.

10/17/2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Looks great! Keep it up, Jae. How much snow did ya'll see? We drove downstate, and near Cadillac, it was like January or something (yucky).

10/17/2006 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home