Sunday, September 24

Get Your Lace Here

This past Friday was a long day. I have been fighting a migraine for most of the week. Thus, Friday could not end soon enough. Being able to sleep in Saturday did a lot to relieve the tension in my neck that the headache has been causing.

So given the achiness of the week, I was delighted to find a package waiting for me at home Friday afternoon. A very lightweight package with my name on it. In it was the most gorgeous shade of rose colored Zephyr. Jesh, my laceswap partner, hand dyed it herself to match the autumn roses in her neighbor's yard. I can't speak as to how well the color matches the flowers, but I was absolutely stunned when I saw the skein. It is more vibrant than a dusty rose, but not garishly bright. A perfect shade of pink.

She included a pattern I haven't seen before, Poinsetta Shawl by Lucy Neatby. The construction of the shawl is intriguing. It is all I can do to not cast on for it right now.

As a special something, Jesh also sent along a beautiful beaded necklace and yellow wool. She took pity on my inability to find big bird yellow. Also, my wedding anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. The jewelry will be a perfect compliment to the dress I plan to wear.

Thank you so much, Jesh! You've been a wonderful swap partner.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pink is stunning, Jae!!

9/24/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Great job dyeing. It looks gorgeous. A package like that would make me feel better. hehe

9/24/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Oh my! You are a lucky swap partner. Congratulations.

9/24/2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

The new yarn looks beautiful. Also wanted to compiment you on your banner photo. That's so cool!

9/25/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Heh - I looked at the yellow yarn and thoght "I can buy that at Kmart!" That's Kmart here in Australia! But I cnat' buy zephyr there, more's the pity.
(I followed a link from Mog's Blog/Donni)

9/26/2006 3:13 AM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

I'm sorry to read about your headaches :( I know them too ! I suffer from migraines since 15 years ! but I met an amazing chiropractor who treated me ! I only visit him one time a year now !! It's amazing ! But I'm happy you have been spoiled by mails that relieved you from pain !! Big smooches from Belgium :)

9/27/2006 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home