Wednesday, September 27

Bird's Eye View

A mediator was called in to settle our differences.

I set aside the shawl for a few days. That didn't stop me from going insane thinking about it. I decided the only way to truly know was to pull it from the needles and block it.

However, that prompted new concerns. What if I find something new to hate?, Have I officially become a crazy obsessed person?, Will it be smaller than I am imagining?, I wonder if knitting needles are allowed in the padded white room?, and What if I discover I hate the whole thing?

I told myself to get over it.

Click for a bird's eye view.

The design looks exactly like I imagined it should. It's the size I want it to be considering where I am in my pattern. But, I still don't like the tops of the eyes. I think there should be a yarn over, right here.

Please don't call the men in white coats.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous so far, Jae! But I do like the added YO.

9/27/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Funny, if anything I would have added a final double decrease to create a point. What is the effect you are trying to achieve? I thought a point would make it look like the end of the feather. Are you thinking of splitting it into more feather shapes?

BTW - It is a stunning design. Taken all in one gulp like that I really see a peacock tail. Good on you!

9/27/2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger AR said...

I think it looks gorgeous, but I also like lauriem's idea, too. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

9/27/2006 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO or LaurieM's idea, I think it does need something at the top, but WOW, it looks so fantastic. It is a case, I think, of not being able to see the forest for the trees!!!

9/27/2006 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing is - I have little or no lace ability and when I read the post the first time a few days ago I thought that if you could somehow gather those stitches in a little more to a point it would look great. Didn't know the terminology/skills to add - but lauriem with the double decrease got it right. I think that would look divine!

You've done so much work on it - it does look fantastic

9/28/2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger metal and knit said...

WEll ok a yo but yeah a pointy top would accent the whole plume

9/28/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

I think it's looking really good Jae, great idea to just go ahead and block it to check if you are really getting what you are planning/visualizing.

I am finding it funny that it seems a natural inclination of many is to bring the 'eye' to a point - but peacock feathers aren't pointed are they? ...and what is the plan for the T feathers?? curious minds want to know :)

9/28/2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

It looks really beautiful! I think the YO is nice but not crucial. It all depends on what will make you happiest. You have a lot of talent to be able to design such an intricate lace pattern. You inspire me to continue building my skills and taking creative gambles. Thanks so much for blogging about your design process.

9/29/2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home