Sunday, October 1

Friendly Visit

Marji is in town visiting her family. She and I decided to meet up yesterday at one of the LYS in the area. I was needing some assistance on a project I'm designing. She wanted to see the store that dyes the yarn that DeeAnn and I have blogged about. Although, the truth is, those were only excuses. Spending time with Marji is always time well spent.

Her arrival was a bit delayed but the owner of the store was incredibly gracious. She kindly let us stay, show off our wips (Marji's Elizabeth I - my shawl), browse, and chat long after closing time. I have a lot of respect for those that own their own business. She didn't have to let us stay. I'm grateful that she did.


Noro Silkgarden - Colorway #244. I would like to blame the stash enhancement of the nine skeins on Marji, but I can't. No, your eyes don't need to be checked. The other six have already been placed in the stash. I was the one on the floor sorting through the many skeins of this color to find all the unknotted skeins I could. It was my wallet that fell open and my car that brought them home.

But, Marji is responsible for allowing me to see her Lady E. in person. OMG! Gorgeous!! Go ahead. Click the link. I'll wait. Pictures really do not do it justice. I have really wanted to start this stole ever since I first browsed through the book, Scarf Style. It's the biggest reason I bought the book. Marji was kind enough to let me wear it for awhile and that was the final straw on the back of my last reason not to start one for myself.

I haven't casted on. Yet. I'm telling myself that starting my own Lady E will be my reward for finishing something already on my needles. Does finishing one sock of a pair count?

9 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

The pic of Marji's shawl is so gorgeous, seeing it in person was just too much for you. Then she let you wear it! Yep. The yarn you bought is most definitely her fault. hahaha

10/01/2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Oooh, pretty Noro. Love those colors.

10/01/2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I've been working on a Lady E too- I can't stand how gorgeous the Silk Garden is- for the first time in my life I've been monogamous to one project! It's 4 1/2 feet long right now and I'm determined to finish it as soon as I can.

10/01/2006 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How naughty is that Marji to MAKE you purchase all that yarn....she is SO NAUGHTY! Well done though - am tussling with that concept myself....think I will eventually cave.

10/01/2006 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I went and looked, it is so lovely!! And you were allowed to wear it!!! My purse and car do that!! Honestly..sometimes my phone does it too!! I am curious as to how you find unknotted balls though? Is this your special skill??? The Slik Garden is divine, I made my Mini Clapotis from it.

10/01/2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

The yarn is a lovely color. I'm afraid one sock doesn't count, but don't you need to have a back up project anyway? :-)

10/01/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Wait a minute! Is this the girl who said at Stitches how she disliked Noro??? Or was that because we all felt we were better than the knitters diving head first into the bins at woolstock?

Very jealous of the Marji meet-up. You know you girls could come up to the Northwoods for a visit.

10/01/2006 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so phenomenal!!! I've loved Lady E forever too, but it's so warm in California that I can hardly justify so much yarn and energy on a stole :(

10/05/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

All my fault, yup!
Kim, I said I hate Noro, and I'll stand behind that, after knitting 2 Lady E's with it, and it was the basis for my cable front sweater I finished last year. I've vowed not to buy another sk (unless I have to knit another Lady E)
Esaku Noro is a genius with color but the yarn (spin, consistency, quality control, etc, IMHO sucks).

Jae, I need to write the owner of Heritage and thank her too, for sticking around so long.
Lovely seeing you. Cannot Wait to see your design project develop.

10/09/2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home