Tuesday, November 14

The Wealth of One Year

Tomorrow my blog is one year old. Yes, a whole year has passed since I wrote my first post.

As I reflect on the past twelve months, there is only one thing that comes to mind. It isn't the finished objects (surprisingly few). It isn't the new techniques and gained knowledge (too many to count). It isn't how my confidence as a knitter has grown (by leaps and bounds). Nor is it the newly discovered yarns and patterns (a list of infinite length). It is this.

My world has gone from ...



to ...



It does not feel like 365 days have passed since I started this expedition into blogland. I am still getting used to the idea of being "a blogger". I am still amazed at how many friends I have made. I am still in awe that a connection made through the computer can feel as real as the connection with my around-the-corner-friend. I am still marveling at how something as global as blogland, can feel as local as my neighborhood.

Thank you for sharing, helping, laughing, and understanding the knitting love of my life. Thank you for joining me in the adventure of this past year. I'm looking forward to the next one.

8 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Yay! Happy Bloggiversary!

One of the best things, I've found is just what you said. The community, the neighborhood of the knitters! I love it.

11/15/2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!

11/15/2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm even a newer blogger than you, but it is fun to do, and I have learned a lot. I'm glad you blog! I like your posts very much. It's great to get to know other knitters, see what they knit, and be able to show them what I knit.

Best of luck for your second blog year!

11/15/2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

happy Anniv to your blog - from a new blog friend who is v happy that we met.

11/16/2006 5:21 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Happy blogiversary! I was checking out your WIP's, how's the touch me shawl coming? I'd love to see it. Great seeing you last night.

11/16/2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Here's to many more posts to come. Cheers.

11/17/2006 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! Funny, I started my blog on the same day you did. It doesn't seem like a year for me, either.

11/17/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Happy Blogversary and a well done year one! So funny that I wouldn't have met someone 'right around the corner' if it wasn't for the internet and blogland :)

11/17/2006 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home